Here's an agenda that William E. Miller, author of The Art of Strategic Interviewing, suggests using whenever you are interviewing job candidates:
1. Break the ice and defuse the situation.
2. Ask a few personal questions. Tell me about yourself. How do you spend your leisure time?
3. Review education history.
4. Review career history.
5. Ask questions to assess compliance with hiring standards.
6. Allow questions from the candidate.
7. Sell the company and job. (optional)
From The Art of Strategic Interviewing by William E. Miller